Parker's Puzzle Posse

Friday, May 11, 2012

2 years ago....

Two years ago, we received Parker's diagnoses of Autism, Developmental Delay, and Seizures.  This year we added Apraxia to the mix.  Thinking back on how much life has changed over the past two years, I realize how much we have grown as a family.  Two year ago was by far the worst day of my entire life.  Losing the hope of what you thought your child would grow up doing and what he would be is a very hard pill to swallow.  But, it had made us stronger, more understanding, a better brother, Dad, and Mom.

Every year on this difficult anniversary, I reflect on how much Parker has grown in the past year.

This year he has done so much.

-Learned to balance on a swing.
-He can cut with regular scissors.
-He knows his ABC.
-He makes a lot more eye contact.
-He has 10-15 words.
-He can try and repeat a word, and comes very close to a lot of them.
-He can trace his name.
-He throws things in the garbage when asked.
-He learned how to give Eskimo kisses.
-He give the biggest Bear Hugs that actually hurt!
-He imitates people.
-He blows kisses again.
-He can throw a ball.
-He listens to us now.
-He can brush his own teeth.
-He smiles all the time.
-He hates when the wind blows my hair in my face.
-He eats a lot more things.
-He climbs on everything now.
-He got a new bed.
-He plays with his cars now instead of just putting them in a line.
-He wrestles with Dylan.
-He loves to play with mulch.
-He is doing so well matching pictures into categories.
-He graduated from Preschool yesterday.
-Parker's Puzzle Posse has raised over $15,000 of Autism research this year alone!

I am so very proud of where we are today.  Parker is an amazing kid and I am blessed God gave him to me.  Below is a video I have been working on.  I hope Parker understands we will never give up on him or finding a cure for autism.





Mommy loves you so much Parker!

No comments:

Post a Comment