Parker's Puzzle Posse

Friday, April 27, 2012

Parker is ready for Kindergarten.

Parker has showed me this week that he is ready for Kindergarten.  He knows his numbers, his alphabet, his colors, and now he showed me he can trace his name!  His teachers told me he could do it but he would never do it for me, until tonight. I was watching a movie with Dylan and I heard Parker scribbling with a pen.  I ran into my office fearing black marks all over my new white desk, but he was using an envelope.  So we went to the kitchen table and I got him another piece of paper.  I let him scribble then thought I would try and write his name with a highlighter and see if he would trace his name for me.  Sure enough, he did.  Several times.  So I moved on to his first and last name.  He did that no problem.  So I wrote the alphabet and he watched and studied how I wrote every letter.  He then took his finger and wanted me to help him say each letter.  We went through the entire list and he says 1/4 of them!  Then he started copying them.  If he missed a line, he would go back and trace it.  He was concentrating so hard and did a fantastic job.  He traced his name 4 times, traced his alphabet 2 times, and numbers 1-23 once.  This took around 15-20 minutes which is HUGE, because he can only sit and concentrate for about 3-4 minutes.

So he is starting to show me that he is ready for kindergarten and I can only thank his teachers and therapists.  I can not take credit for this one at all.  He never wants to write or color with me. So, thank you Ms. Weisel, Mrs. Debbie, Mrs. Linda, Ms. Kari, Ms. Staci, Ms. Jill, Krista, Kacia, and Emily!  I will never be able to repay you for all you are doing with Parker getting him ready for the next step in his life. 

No comments:

Post a Comment