Parker's Puzzle Posse

Monday, February 13, 2012

You guys did it again!

You packed Skyline all day!  They were so packed for lunch, they called in 3 extra workers to help out with the dinner rush.  The employees were busting their butts too.  We had a packed house and a packed drive thru!  Thank you to everyone who came out!  It was a huge success! 

I do not wish anyone to have to go through what we are going through with Parker, but I do wish for everyone to someday feel the love and support we felt tonight.  I said this at the walk last year.  To see people coming out to help support your son and a cause that is so close to your heart, is AMAZING.  Its a rush of love that is so powerful.  To think that people will take time out of their busy day to come eat at a restaurant, wake up early on a Saturday morning to walk with you, to place an order for another fundraiser you are doing, purchase a raffle ticket, or just hand you money, it really makes me cry. 

I started this journey with a little voice that said, "I have to do something to help find a cure to help Parker."  I heard a commercial on Q102 for the Walk Now for Autism Speaks the week we were given the diagnoses.  I wasn't ready then, but promised God that I would help raise money for this organization if he would help me along this road I am now chosen to walk down.  God has shown me he is right there helping me.  He gave Parker is first word that he didn't loose.  Mom.  Not Dad.  Mom.  He knew I would need that to not give up hope.  He gave Parker the word, Amen, and turned it into folding his hands.  He now does the sign of the cross and knows when to say Amen. So I am keeping my promise of raising as much money as I can to help find a cure for Autism. 

So thank you all for helping me keep my promise to God.  I believe that if you give a little, you will receive a much greater reward.  God has given me so much and I have given very little.  I try my best to spread awareness of autism, but I know I can do more. 

I know I went on and on, but I really do pray you will all feel the love we feel at these fundraisers.  Again, thank you so very much for coming out tonight.  We have our next one planned already.  Hofbrauhaus in Newport is our next fundraiser.  March 8th, all day, and yes, alcohol is INCLUDED!!!  So get your drinking buddies, and drink for Autism.  More details to come. 

Thanks again for your support! 

Happy Valentines Day!

Katie

1 comment: