Parker's Puzzle Posse

Saturday, February 18, 2012

Thank you so much to Sts. Peter and Paul students, teachers, staff, and parents!

Back Row: Parker's Grandpa Dan, cousin Abbie, Grandma Cindy, cousin Zack, me, Parker, cousin Billy, big brother Dylan, cousin Ali, and Uncle/Godfather Bill with the 6th grade class at Sts. Peter and Paul.

I wanted to give a BIG shout out to my niece and newphews school, Sts. Peter and Paul in California, KY. For catholic schools week, they hold a penny war. This year, Shelli Bezold, contacted me and told me they picked Autism Speaks as this years charity!!!

I was stunned. I thought a penny war would bring in $100, maybe $200. Well they blew that out of the water. They raised $784.29!!! That's amazing! I was so blown away.

Above is the picture of the winning class, 6th grade. My newphew Zack is in the class and is holding the check. They presented us with the check at their pep rally.

So Thank You to everyone who helped raise money for Autism Speaks. I LOVE when schools raise money for charity and the kids get to see it handed to someone! What a great school and a wonderful group of kids!

Katie

No comments:

Post a Comment