Parker's Puzzle Posse

Friday, January 20, 2012

Autism kids are AWESOME and gifts from God to us Moms and Dads who are lucky enough to have them!

Videos like this make me so happy and hopeful.  This little boy is worse off than Parker with being blind and clearly can not stand still.  But he uses what God has given him to touch the people around him.  This is a must see.  I hope you enjoy it as much as I did! 

http://www.godvine.com/10-Year-Old-Boy-with-Autism-Sings-Open-the-Eyes-of-My-Heart-1041.html

This one I saw last year and it changed my look on my son.  Carly is an amazing teenage girl who didn't talk for years and now she types what shes thinking.  She is changing the what the world knows about autism.  She can tell us why they flap their arms, why they bang their heads, what they are feeling.  A lot of what the Dad says are what I feel.  How could you give up your kid, I would give sleepless nights, and every penny I own to hear the words I love you.  This is why I go to Children's Hospital 3 times a week and work at home with him for countless hours.  I don't know what he knows, but I will work my hardest to teach him everything he should know, even if he can't tell me just yet. 

I follow Carly on Facebook and she writes so beautifully.  You can follow her here http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Carly-Fleischmann/68996682748
She has been on several television shows and is writing a book.  Please watch the video and learn more about what Parker is going through and what Brian and I go through.  You will not bad disappointed.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=vNZVV4Ciccg

Have a great weekend!

Katie

No comments:

Post a Comment