Parker's Puzzle Posse

Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Chore and Behavior Cards

I finally found a new chore system that is working in our house.  Dylan (our 7 year old) hates to help around that house so I needed something more than just a chart.  So I started a system with punch cards and a Treasure box that is working well right now. 



I got a see-thru box from the store and let Dylan pick out things to put in it.  A pack of gum, a bag of cotton candy, a red box movie or game rental, special Popsicles, and many other inexpensive items that he wants.  Every time he completes a chore or shows good behavior, he gets a hole punch.  When he fills up a card, he gets to pick a prize out of the box. 



It seems to be working well.  I wanted to share in case you have a non-helper in your house like I did.  Here is a link to the cards I bought. 

https://www.etsy.com/listing/102593918/20-childrens-chore-punch-cards





There is also Behavior Punch Cards with the same idea!  Anytime he is "caught" doing something well, like doing a chore without arguing about it, helping is brother, going to get something for me, etc, he gets a hole punch.  But these can be taken back with a sticker if he does something bad! 

Here's a link to these also!  https://www.etsy.com/listing/102594464/20-behavior-punch-cards

Hope these ideas help your kids help around the house during summer break! 

Katie

No comments:

Post a Comment